Muhammad Azeem Iqbal
Industrial Engineer, Scientist & Entrepreneur
LUMS School of Science and Engineering
Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Azeem Iqbal is currently working as a Senior Laboratory Instructor at the Physics Department, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan. A graduate in Industrial Engineering and a Master’s in Computer Science from the University of Management and Technology, his current activities include working as an active researcher in experimental physics, laboratory teaching, management and manufacturing of undergraduate hi-tech physics experimental setups. Azeem is Founder and chairperson of Pakistan Society of Industrial Engineers (PSIE) which is Pakistan’s only national organization dedicated solely to the profession of industrial engineering. He is also a recipient of the prestigious Gold Award from the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (USA) for his services to the field and community. He is also a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt from the Singapore Institute of Quality International. He is also working on a number of entrepreneurial projects. His current project is the development of an engineering consultancy firm to provide low-cost management, engineering and technical solutions to industries and growing businesses in Pakistan.
- Gold Award as President of UMT-IIE Student Chapter 2013
- Prestigious gold award from the Institute of Industrial Engineers (USA)
Research & Development
Workshops & Presentations:
Main Contributions at S.S.E.
School of Science and Engineering, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan (SSE-LUMS)March 2014 – Present
- Developing and commissioning hi-tech laboratory experiments
- Planning, designing,and installation of experiments.
- Testing and prototyping.
- Equipment manufacturing and sourcing.
- Managing lab’s consulting projects to outsource lab equipment to other universities
- Organizing the human resource pool for the labs.
- Responsible for testing, commissioning and prototyping of experimental setups for research and teaching,
- Designing and creating new experiments.
- Manufacturing experimental facilities.
- Operating and maintaining setups.
- Data analysis using MATLAB
- Moment of inertia and frictional losses in disks
- Programming in LabVIEW
- Analogue and digital data acquisition using LabVIEW 8.6
- Scientific equipment manufacturing
- Process control
- Instrumentation and tool design
Pakistan Society of Industrial Engineers
- Founded PSIE as the national non-profit organization dedicated solely to the profession of industrial engineering.